Navigate / search

Art Cellar opening

John and I had our opening at Art Cellar today. It was a huge success- the work was displayed beautifully and we had quite a crowd. Thanks to everyone who came out! The show will be up until August 25, so check it out if you get the chance.


I loved the box vase “landscapes” displayed with flowers in them!


Firing Aftermath

Thursday already!  This week was full and busy, but I’m finally feeling like I’ve taken care of loose ends.  There are so many things that get neglected in the crunch before a firing- our grass is super tall, our house was a mess, the garden is full of food to harvest and weeds to pull… Slowly I am taking back my house and yard from the dust and weeds.  I have put away pounds and pounds of pesto this week, done countless loads of laundry, and best of all I have had more time to spend with Grae.

House and Garden
The grass might be tall, but it’s still a cute place!

On Tuesday John and I brought our work to Art Cellar for our show, ‘Artful Union’, which opens today.  We brought a LOT of work!  I heard from them yesterday and they have already sold all my plates and some of John’s bottles.  Yay!  I’m really excited to see the display- John and I show together fairly regularly, but this is our first 2 person gallery exhibit.  I’ll be sure to post pictures.  There is an opening reception on Saturday from 4 to 6- we would love to see you if you are in the area.

Well, back to mowing!  Thanks for reading.



I spent the afternoon cleaning the shop. Things tend to get pretty messy before a firing, and I like to take time to put my tools away, clean the surfaces and generally reset the studio. Here are a couple shots. The final picture is of the hops growing outside my shop.